Gareth Henderson Moore
Before being called to the bar in July 2017, Gareth began his career in the North East and then in West Yorkshire practicing as a solicitor with Higher Rights of Audience. Gareth was admitted as a solicitor in 2003 and gained 14 years post qualification experience before transferring to the Bar. He has specialised criminal and misconduct matters throughout his career including:
- General crime
- Complex and serious crime
- Police misconduct and disciplinary proceedings
- Sports misconduct tribunals
Since being called to the bar Gareth has been instructed in serious criminal cases including murder, serious violence, rape, and serious drugs offences.
Gareth has a hands-on approach and undertakes work both prosecuting and defending, primarily in the Crown Court.
Gareth is a member of the CPS Grade 2 Panel.
When not working Gareth enjoys spending time with family and cooking.
- R v Wayman – (Defence) Junior counsel in murder and robbery.
- R v Henderson and Ors – (Defence) Multi-handed drugs conspiracy concerning illegal drugs laboratories subject of a national surveillance operation investigating an organised crime group operating from multiple sites.
- R v Atkinson – (Prosecution) Attempted wounding in a gang related incident involving the use of a car as a weapon.