Gareth Henderson Moore
Before being called to the bar in July 2017, Gareth began his career in the North East and then in West Yorkshire practicing as a solicitor with Higher Rights of Audience. Gareth was admitted as a solicitor in 2003 and gained 14 years post qualification experience before transferring to the Bar. He has specialised criminal and misconduct matters throughout his career including:
- General crime
- Complex and serious crime
- Police misconduct and disciplinary proceedings
- Sports misconduct tribunals
Since being called to the bar Gareth has been instructed in serious criminal cases including murder, serious violence, rape, and serious drugs offences.
Gareth has a hands-on approach and undertakes work both prosecuting and defending, primarily in the Crown Court.
Gareth is a member of the CPS Grade 2 Panel.
When not working Gareth enjoys spending time with family and cooking.
- R v Wayman – (Defence) Junior counsel in murder and robbery.
- R v Henderson and Ors – (Defence) Multi-handed drugs conspiracy concerning illegal drugs laboratories subject of a national surveillance operation investigating an organised crime group operating from multiple sites.
- R v T (2021) – Successfully defended sports personality in road traffic prosecution, advancing special reasons not to endorse license or disqualify from driving. The outcome was an absolute discharge, no penalty points or disqualification and no financial penalty or costs.
- R v Atkinson – (Prosecution) Attempted wounding in a gang related incident involving the use of a car as a weapon.